Inquiry in the Curriculum
If you are in a school context, you will need to draw on the relevant curriculum (Australian Curriculum, state curriculum, International Baccalaureate) in your unit plan.
If you’re in a non-Australian context, please use the standards and continua that are relevant to your context.
Australian Curriculum inquiry skills
The Australian Curriculum explicitly includes the development of inquiry skills within:
- F-12 Science
- F-10 Humanities and Social Sciences (History, Geography, Civics & Citizenship, Economics & Business)
- 11-12 English, Ancient History, Modern History and Geography
STANDARDS & CONTINUA
- inquiry skills F-10 scope & sequence – Karen Bonanno & Lee FitzGerald 2015
Analysing your unit in light of the Australian Curriculum continua/scope & sequence
- How are the scope and sequence for the Australian Curriculum (or other curricula) being used in the inquiry?
- How are the Australian Curriculum general capabilities being used in the inquiry?
Barbara Braxton (2017) The scope and sequence hat [for TLs]